Power Ballad Power Ballad

I instantly loved this.

9/10

This is a brilliant little piece of music. Great for setting a scene and mood. Not bad for 'playing around' with editing software. I really want to hear more from you!

blamethefool responds:

Thank you very much.

And that is mostly why I deemed it worthy to post and share on NG, because I was rather proud of myself (and my 'playing around' abilities).

Dire Dire Docks-SuperMario64 Dire Dire Docks-SuperMario64

Hmm...

I like the Dire, Dire Docks theme so much, I made my own remix of it too. It's a really beautiful piece of music, isn't it? While yours is technically well done, the techno flavor really clashes with the main piano melody. Maybe if you used something other than a piano for the melody, something more synth-y, it would blend in better.

Experienced Experienced

Review speaks for itself.

It had a pretty catchy beat and the sound quality was good, but it was a little random and it needed a stronger melody to tie the whole thing together. Still, good work!

Thanks!!

Island Moonlight Island Moonlight

Well-done, but a little repetitive.

4/5

I really liked the instrumentation you used and the overall mix. Technically, it was flawless. It did become very repetitive after a while though, and there could have been more variation in the melody. But it was still very well done.

EchozAurora responds:

Technically flawless, and only 4/5!?
You must be a tough critic..lol
I'm glad you left a review though, yes.. I would have loved to have done something to ease the repetivity of the song, but the CPU was skipping so bad I couldn't do anything else.. but then again, trance is supposed to be repetitive.
Thanks for the review!

[Dud] Adventure Music 2 [Dud] Adventure Music 2

Wow. That... just... I... wow.

5/5

I first heard this song at random a while back and it really stuck with me for a long time. I've been meaning to review it (and your work in general) so here goes.

I think that you've created a brilliant composition here. It's melodic and powerful, simple yet complex and incredibly well-performed. Your other work is excellent as well (mostly variations on a theme) but I feel this one is among your best. I bet you've improved quite a bit since you first played this composition and I'd love to hear an updated take on it. Keep it up!

Dudidum responds:

I'm glad you liked it ;) and thanks for all compliments :D!

Like you said I improved a lot since my first submission. I tried a lot of new things (--> the other adventure musics) and I think they're all good pieces :).
I'll write a music sheet about that. If anyone is interested just e-mail me ;)!

thx for your review!

Opening Music - for Love, Wink Opening Music - for Love, Wink

Imaginative music, perfectly complements animation

I was very impressed by "Love, Wink" and I think your use of music was clever and a perfect complement to the animation. And this goes for all four audio tracks; this is great and original music!

Dustball responds:

Thanks! I finally decided to submit these tracks to the audio portal. I'm interested to see how other people might use them in their animations!

Zelda Theme (Orchestrated) Zelda Theme (Orchestrated)

Not spectacularly original, but not bad either

Not a bad effort. Zelda themes have been done many times before though, and your take on it wasn't particularly original.

Also, a nice segue from the bells into some horns for the main theme would have made it sound more authentic and more NES-like. Good job though.